The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eternal Darkness Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Eternal Darkness Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:09 am

This discussion is for the Eternal Darkness AU. Anything related to that AU, such as discussion about character profiles, suggestions for plot points, revisions of the current description of the realm, etc. should be posted here.

This thread is a temporary discussion base (unless people want it to be more permanent) in order to figure out where we are in that AU and what we want to do from here. If things are discussed in the chat, please post the chatlogs here since we are not all in the same timezone.

DISCUSS AWAY~!

I'LL START! 8D Well, since we've lost a lot of people key to the old plot, we need to scrap it and start fresh! Personally, I'm planning on keeping Kiku's profile the same (the human not affiliated with the Hunters), so he is not specifically a key player (unless someone forms a resistance or something XD).

I could see him later in time being possibly close to turned, or loyal to a vampire (or group), but mostly his sole purpose in life is to find a cure for his rather difficult curse.

Unrelated, but I also think we need a better, fleshed out description of the AU and the creatures in it. It doesn't have to be ridiculously long, but the one we have now is rather lacking in terms of where exactly we are (in a city, a small town with a single strip joint...or a continent XD).
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:39 am

After having read the original world info about this AU, I think maybe it'd work if the city was the sort where it used to be this booming metropolis but has kind of died down a bit, the buildings aren't as well-kept as they used to be, etc. Not sure where in the world this city should be, we already have New York for X-Verse though so maybe that shouldn't be used in two different AUs? Just kinda speculating. Somewhere in Europe perhaps, or a fictional world altogether. Opinions? Dissentions? Additions?
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:10 am

I think a fictional country would be better...unless people want to specify real places in their backstory (I might have done that...it's been awhile x.x). If that is the case, then we should do it in Europe. I vote in England's house or in some random place like Greece where we've never held a RP before...
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:12 am

England would work for me, since Arthur's backstory happens in Devon XD But I can always change that.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:41 pm

I know it says 'set in modern times' but so far no one I've seen has used cars or high-powered guns or anything like that. I mean, I've been using knives and other things like that. I feel like it's like, an alternate version of England where technology hasn't developed super far, but far enough to have guns or small motor vehicles (but not SUVs or buses). But they have electricity, since the club sign can 'flicker' and all that. So I think we need to better define what 'modern' times or modern technologies are like for this AU as well as location.

(Unrelated, but every time I see your icon I want to pinch his cheeks...dammit >.>)
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:45 am

In a few of the older RPs there was more gadgetry going on (particularly by Feliks- the first Feliks-) with some of the weapons that were used, but I get maybe a dystopian vibe from it.... maybe the city's been sort of "overrun" by vampires and weres and the only high-tech stuff is the stuff that they use.... fluorescent lights in the club, weapons, small cars, etc.

(fffffff XD)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:50 am

I think we could have it sort of both...set in somewhere familiar but with a 'fantasy' element to it where you can use some gadgets and gizmos (Kiku has some >.>).

(I'm also definitely not imagining Arthur kicking my ass for pinching his cute little cheeks right now...or using magic to curse me *sniffles*)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:54 am

Late to the conversation...

I actually used a car in it ^^; Francis was captured due to his car breaking down on the road outside of town (can't recall, but he may or may not have been business related), and he accidentally asked the vampires for help. Also, since he came from France, his backstory does reference things like studying aboard, universities, planes, and visas. I remember the description did say it was like modern day New York, I kind of always treated it like that.

At least in my case, I just figured a lot of the vampires weren't using much technology was because they were living in an abandon castle or something like that, so there'd be no eletricity there. Plus they could travel pretty fast so I didn't see why they'd need cars.

I suggest just asking everyone what setting they kind of assumed the ED verse was actually set in. If there's more people who knew the actual setting and treated it as such, then we don't need to change it to fantasy England.

For the record, I'll go with any country that speaks English, just cause I have fun making Francis fail with English as a new speaker to the language. Even though it's so hard for me to try word it
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:08 pm

Francis, I love you, just saying <3 (Why haven't I ever read this epicness? Whyyyy? *sobsob*)

According to the description (which I read over again for the thousandth time but just noticed this now), supposedly any vampires living in town can also live in the Velvet Rope, since it's like a bar/dance club basement with rooms above it. I'd also assume that they could simply live in the city/town too. I think it just seemed like a lot of places were 'abandoned' because the RPs were taking place at night (imagine waking up to two people swordfighting on your roof XD)

I think then that means that the 'What You Need to Know' needs to get a makeover. I think it needs to be more specific as far as setting so there will be minimal question as to where we are and what we have access to. How does that sound to everyone? ^_^

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm

(Most of it was done on the chat, and when we tried to get a thread here started well, everyone else left.)

Honestly, I don't think I've ever noticed that until you just mentioned it.
If we weren't the only ones being slow, that could explain so much about the abandoned feeling. No one knew where they were so played it safe and not mentioned anything specific.

I definitely agree with the make over thing. Also going to throw out there that the "vampires do NOT sparkle" line should be changed to "vampires will burn in sunlight" because 1. if we get an Estonia vampire, it'd be impossible to expect him not to sparkle, because Estonia needs his fucking sparkles. *shot* and 2. that to me never really "forbid" vampires from going out during daylight. It gives too much of a loophole to anyone who knows various vampire lore.
Back to top Go down
Arthur Kirkland

Arthur Kirkland

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:40 am

I definitely agree with you both on this, that we should maybe take up a poll as to where everyone thinks this place should be. And as per Francis with the vampires thing, I also agree XD I was sort of going on the old lore vs. newer lore (which would make sense with Arthur's character anyway, since he died back in the 14th century). It does make sense that it doesn't necessarily forbid them from going out in sunlight (like, a life-or-death thing) so much as it cautions against going out in sunlight when there are humans around.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 am

Yeah, old Feliks seemed to write it purely for smut reasons. Also, a glittery vampire indicates a vampire trying to attract attention. Whether they do it at night in the club or on the street corner--*shot*

I'll get on that and post up a 'made over' thng here. Are we the only ones interested in this verse, or is everyone just in hiding? (Pfft, everyone being like, 5 other people *shot*)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Just asked Prussia what she thought about it, and she said she doesn't mind whether we keep the original setting or change it to fantasy England.

Also, we may want to decide on whether we want our vampire/werewolf lore here to be uniform or allow for different lores to be at play here. This would really help give an indication of how precise we can make the rules for each speices. And I kind of think we should drop the sexual specific rules, since it's not an AU that's just about smut, and it currently appears like one how it's presented. But that may just be me.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:29 am

(I think I fixed it so Prussia can log in again. If not, just poke me again x.x)

I think our problem was we weren't sure where the old setting was, save for sort of a fantasy/modern place somewhere in probably Europe (lots of our things take place in 'Europe' locations XD).

I would just like to point out how many places that would make our setting 'England'. We'd have Of Magic and Owls and Asylum. Medieval could also be possibly in England/Europe, or in a fictional place (I've always assumed a fictional place for it).

Lemme try to work on that...and anyone else that has re-write suggestions, be it for the lore we're following or the setting, feel free to post them up here and we'll talk about them ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 pm

(Thanks~ Just sent a message to her and is seeing if it'll work for her or not.)

Technically, Of Magic and Owls is in Scotland since that's where Hogwarts is located.

Just some thoughts I've had about the time period:
- Since the club there seems crucial to setting, the time needs to be one where leisure time is available and affordable for all classes.
- There needs to be some advancement with law and technology, to encourage vampires and werewolves to be more careful.
- In an older time period, it would be harder to trace a murderer, so it'd feel like a vampire or werewolf would know they could get away with murder, and it'd lack a reason for caution among the characters.
- From the above note, this would make it easier for a vampire on werewolf war if we want to go down that route.
- On the issue of weapons, if it's an older period it'd be easier to get away with it, but they'd clearly be less advanced.
- In a more modern time, most countries don't actually allow you to have things like guns unless it's part of your job or hobby (even then, some countries are still stiffy about it). The fact that not everyone has a weapon, or can even access one, may be more explainable by which country it's based in.

And that's pretty much all of my random thoughts on it that I can think of at the moment that I thought might be handy to consider for deciding when is the right time period to hold set it.
Also just adding I don't see any issues for "feeding" to be considered since it'd be possible regardless of time period.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 pm

All right people...here's the basic rework in my rather silly head. Sorry if this is momentarily incomplete...I'm running on 3 hours of sleep due to some family stuffs. But here's what I have so far!

Feel free to add, subtract, correct...anything you think needs done. For a copy of the 'old' basics, follow [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Setting

(still working on this, will edit this post when I get it nailed down like I want to XD)

There are a few key locations. Information about each is posted below:

The Chapel

A large church that can be seen towering over several buildings of the city. It sits just on the edge of the town, with its back doors facing into the forest. It is apparent on sight that it has seen better days. The walls are covered in cracked stained glass and fraying tapestries, while torches and outdated electronic lighting illuminate the dark wood of the pews and the faded red of the cushions. Much of the old gold or metal adornments are long gone, sold to help provide for those who have sought sanctuary here. Set slightly apart, it remains the largest gathering place and safehouse for humans, though it is notorious for housing the severely paranoid or those that cannot afford safety through means of weaponry. Despite its run down appearance, the sanctity of the large building is strong enough to repel the vampires and werewolves.

The Velvet Rope

A popular nightclub within the city run by the vampires. From the street a sign welcomes all patrons, though at night the flickering neon letters cast the alleyways on either side of the building into almost complete darkness. Black and red velvet curtains hang over the windows, creating an artificial nighttime within. The basement houses a dancefloor and bar, while the ground floor houses a cafe. There are rooms above the cafe that can be rented out, though the primary occupants are vampires. It is unknown whether the club continues underground, but there is speculation that there are rooms below the club as well. The Hunters have been reluctant to shut down the establishment, since it runs so successfully and has a (fairly) clean reputation despite its owners.

The Forest
(STILL EDITING THIS)

The back of the Chapel, as well as other buildings in town can be seen through the edge of the trees.

About the Species

You can choose to be a vampire, werewolf, or human in the beginning. Below are listed the basic lore for each:

Vampires

- Ability to regenerate more quickly than a human, unless a vital point is hit (i.e. decapitation) or a good portion of their reserve of blood is depleted before they can feed. Their regeneration depends then on them feeding soon after their injury.
- Aging happens, but it is more of a count of years rather than physical appearance. Some vampires will remember their exact age, while others only an approximation due to their long lives. If left entirely alone, it is believed they could outlive every life-form on the planet.
- Age also determines the potency of items such as, but not limited to: holy water, garlic, a crucifix, etc.
- Blood is their source of food. How they obtain blood, or which sources of blood they prefer is up to the individual vampire/clan mandates.
- Humans believe in the hypnotic/seductive power of the vampires, and caution against looking them directly in the eye. However, some believe that this is also dependent on the age of the vampire, as well as the actual personality and 'methods' used by the vampire to lure prey to them.
- Sunlight is anything from deadly to extremely irritating, depending on the newness of the vampire or the UV-blocking technologies possessed by their clan/the vampire individually as well as the season/time of day. The newest vampires would not survive exposure, while older vampires might experience bad burning/scarring but survive. However, it is usually cautioned that they reserve their outings for the nighttime, to avoid having to worry about the intensity of the sun and risk unnecessary injuries.
- Vampires are capable of having sexual relations, though feeding is usually a necessity beforehand.
- Due to mixed ethnic groups living in the city, the mystic lore surrounding the vampires is equally mixed. The human hunters are typically looked to for guidance in order to sort which facts to believe, and which to ignore.

Werewolves/Lycanthropes
- They, like their vampire counterparts, have significantly longer lifespans than humans, due to their ability to regenerate faster. However, it is also possible to kill them.
- In wolf or human form, they are warm-blooded and able to survive in any climate. However, they prefer cooler or moderate climates, since they retain heat well in both their forms.
- They can control their transformations unless it is a full moon, and then they are forced to transform. Emotions often play a key role in transformations.
- Though subtle, humans believe that some traits (i.e. shape of the eyes, particular way of walking) remain and can possibly help to identify a werewolf in human form.
- Typically stronger and faster than humans, a werewolf's most vulnerable time would be after it has transformed back from a wolf to a human. In this time, the returned human often suffers from depression and is temporarily weaker.
- The effect of silver on a werewolf also depends on their age. Silver can be anything from deadly to a mild irritant.
- The Hunters caution against challenging a wolf that appears to be larger than average, with visible intelligence on par with humans, and that may or may not be capable of human speech. Werewolves are capable of it in their wolf form, but may choose not to use it.
- Due to mixed ethnic groups living in the city, the mystic lore surrounding the werewolves is equally mixed. The human hunters are typically looked to for guidance in order to sort which facts to believe, and which to ignore.

Humans
- Humans are easiest able to move about in daylight, though they cannot adapt as well to temperature changes or regenerate.
- The human is the weakest of the three species, but important for the survival of the werewolves and vampires. They are the highest producers of technology, and the most adaptable to change in that respect.
- They can be turned into either a vampire or a werewolf, or remain human if they are able.
- A ghoul is a human infused with vampire blood that is almost supernaturally loyal to a specific vampire. It is possible for humans to be 'turned' into this as well.
- The Hunters are a group of humans trained in the art of combating the werewolves and vampires. They act as the experts on vampire/werewolf lore and as the law. The location of their HQ is unknown.

RULES

There is no god-modding or power playing. Keep the fight realistic to the strengths and weaknesses of each of the species. If you're in a fight, make it fair, unless the other person would not mind you winning.

All of the species are intelligent, though occasionally instincts will take over. This is a common trait among all three, and their actions depend highly on personality and age. Please keep reactions realistic and true to your own character's personality/age.

If you are turned into a vampire or werewolf during the RP, you must update your ED character profile to reflect this change.

If you choose to be part of the Hunters, be sure to specify that in your profile as well.

Mr. Newspaper can be contacted to make announcements in RPs, or to RP as a messenger. He is not specifically 'loyal' to any one species, but he will act as such when called upon.

If you have any questions about the lore, you can post them below [in the 'basics' section it will be below the post] or start a discussion about them.

Last edited by Kiku Honda on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:34 pm

P.S. Francis gets another thousands hearts right now <3

I tried to rework the vampire lore to make it more...cautionary? As in, 'yeah, you can do this and that but people will notice' because people aren't stupid.

Also, I tried to make the 'Hunters' the equivalent of the human law, probably because they would be. Hence, Hunters are likely to have guns, access to better tech, etc. Non-Hunter humans might resort to old lore items (holy water, a crucifix) or a weapon of some sort like a sword/knives...things they could fashion themselves. Also, since people seem to come from all over and end up in this city, they could also be using the preferred 'tech' of their locations (i.e. ninja-like weapons for Kiku seems to be the only example willing to grace my brain right now).

Also, as I was writing the 'source of blood' thing instead of cattle I thought of sheep. And then, because I was writing the order differently, I wrote the sexual relations thing. MY BRAIN WENT THERE ASDFKJASGHLKSJDFLKAJSDF

Uh...um...the only reworking to the 'feeding' I did was the sources. I think they would have a choice, but most tend to prefer humans. But again...choices, choices.

I'm also still trying to rework the others...and that setting...but my brain refuses to like me right now on 3 hours of sleep *dies*
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:23 am

I'm totally going to split those up for the RP so that they don't look so...massive. But the setting is coming out nicely.

I think the little descriptions of the places should be copy/pasted below the links on the board for each place (if that made ANY sense). Agreement? Disagreement?

Also, read over the descriptions for the vampires/humans/werewolves. Is there lore I'm missing that you think is relevant, or is this a good leaping point for the RP? I don't want to limit people by saying something like "Vampires don't sparkle" because the person might have a reason for making their vampire sparkle or something...*point dies in her head* Anyway, how does it look, other than massive?

Francis - Does the Hunters = the law help with the law aspect so far? I realize having a definite time period (or a completely fictional setting with specifics) will help us more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:26 am

Another suggestion I'm throwing out there: Remove the posts Ghost has made and have either you or Prussia post the description. It just looks more updated when you have things posted by an admin that's actually still around.

I think the little descriptions of the places should be copy/pasted below the links on the board for each place (if that made ANY sense). Agreement? Disagreement?
Agreed~

For the thing about lore, you should add something to the werewolves section about wolfsbane. Whether it can kill, just detects, the smell is just annoying to werewolves, or can force a transformation, depends on the lore used. But they seem to avoid it regardless of lore. Also, you might want to put in that they do need to eat meat since they are carnivores, and we don't want someone trying for a "I'm a werewolf but I can live on veggies only".

For the vampires section, you'll need to mention something about whether animal transformations are allowed, and what creatures they're limited to transforming in if they can. Such as if someone wants their vampire to have the ability to turn into a wolf, we'd either have to not allow that or make sure they're not going to try be like a werewolf.

Does the Hunters = the law help with the law aspect so far? I realize having a definite time period (or a completely fictional setting with specifics) will help us more.
Depends a lot on the time period.
Older time period: Yes it would.
Current time period: They'd be more like police, but for mythical creatures, if anything.

I'd imagine the law would be similar to what most of us are used to anyway. Since other than murder (in case either vampire or werewolf needs to act out) and how easy it'd be for regular citizens to obtain weapons, there's not much things we need to be specific about because the chance we'd run into that issue won't be high. (Though that doesn't stop people who want discuss further into that stuff from doing so)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:12 pm

No worries Francis. That's why I'm here posting this discussion. (If you've noticed, I've been eliminating all 'Ghost' posts along with the Guest posts around. But I didn't want to do that and then just replace it with the old summary, since it was full of holes...or delete everything then go "Oh crud...now we don't have any descriptions of any kind left" x.x I also am going around salvaging maps and other things as I go through the worlds...but that's essentially why the main things have been reposted and other things are getting facelifts.)

I think I'll end up putting wolfsbane along the same lines as the garlic/holy water stuff for the vampires. That way we don't have to pick a specific lore/exclude various forms of lore...but also, it gives the Hunters room for dissension as far as how to deal with them. (There are also plants that supposedly do the same for vampires, but I figured those could fall under that category as well).

I shall add that. Pfft...who would be dumb enough to make a veggie-eating...er...*stares at the fandom* ...never mind. I'll add it *shot* (I also thought this same thing for the vampire transformation bit too...so I'll add it ^_^)

Well, since it's set in modern times (as of right now), then they are more like the police. ^_^

*gives Francis a bundle of roses for reading through all of the babbling* <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Ah I see then ^^ well it's good that it's getting done anyway.

Possibly have it chalked up as how wolfsbane affects a werewolf depending on where they were born, rather than using their age as justification for different effects. Since it's not always a negative reaction (just werewolves will react to it, so even if it's positive/harmless, it'd blow their cover). It's just too complicated to have "it either affects you strongly or you're immune".

It's sadly not just fandom >> Though this time, Twilight is safe since their werewolves were only shapeshifters. Otherwise I'd be using that as an example

*takes roses happily* It's nothing~ Though I'm feeling like we're the only ones who are bothered to keep talking about this XD
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:57 am

*hugs* You and I just think alike. It might take awhile since my focuses are divided between writing the new summaries and doing that, but it is getting done ^_^

Love it, and I will edit that asap~! I was trying to think of how to handle that...*feeds Francis' brain more cookies*

Yes...shirtless, shapeshifters indeed. Twilight...why are you called 'literature'? *sobs*

Well, I think we are...but we're usually the plotters anyway (Arthur/Feliks is busy at the moment...but is probably following this anyway. If Gil's talking to you, I don't hear anything except what you tell me 'cause of the silly thing called timezones ><)

And I updated the board with the descriptions we have so far. Feel free to go take a look and see if it looks okay to you (or if we should shorten them and post them inside or something). I don't mind the way it makes the board look...I like having them there to read instead of in a thread somewhere hidden personally ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:04 pm

So... wanted to try get a profile done so much that I ended up realising I hadn't replied here. And I've finally just did the smart thing and save all my random profile info in my inbox.

Quickly just trying to reply here cause I need to sleep.

Prussia I think is busy with both the app and a con to prepare for, plus possibly other stuff she hasn't mentioned to me about yet. She'll come on and look at this when she can.

I don't personally mind that there's a big chuck of description there, but it might be better to make it more brief since it looks more "neat" on the forum that way to not have the boards stretched so more of them fit on the page without scrolling down too much.

I know some layouts may allow you to have your cursor hover over the board and a little "help window" appears with more description to a board. Do you know if it's possible with this layout?

Also I've been having this thought about the boards. How about instead of having a "Things you Need to Know" thread, you make a "Things you Need to Know" subboard in The Basics boards for each world? Then you can post and sticky a thread for "rules", "setting" and "speices" (for when that applies) in there since you wanted to seperate those to make it look less bulky in a post. Plus when plots start to develop, anyone can go to that thread and post a plot update in their own thread, instead of having one "plot update" thread that only one person has to be in charge of organising. And I've always felt like the "Things you Need to Know" thread should be above the "Characters" board, but you can't put threads above boards

As for descriptions, might be nice to add that the character profiles, rules for the rp and setting of the world can be found in The Basics board, in its description. And possibly a "PLEASE LOOK IN HERE BEFORE JOINING IN THE ROLEPLAYS" in it as well, so if anyone who bothers to look at the descriptions read it, they'll know what they need to be looking at first to read up on all the information in there.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:58 pm

Teehee, I know the feeling...though it's worse for you at the moment since you've got your technology issues D:

I figured she was busy, so I wasn't too worried about it. And for the most part, she can't modify some of the things because they need to be done from the admin panel x.x But there's no rush on that (her app is more important at the moment as far as priorities go)

I can see if that option is available, and if it isn't I can always shorten the information and post each as a sticky in the designated board, or something like that.

I've been trying to come up with a new way to have less 'clicking' through subboards without making the information overwhelming when you see it...if that makes sense. I will try a couple of different things (including the thing you just suggested) and see what you guys like best <3

One way to solve that is indeed to have the Things You Need to Know thing be a subboard...OR to have the character profiles not be under a subboard. Another way to do that is to have all subboards topics and threads visible below the board...but that generally gets confusing and might just be me confusing PB/IF functions with this site ^^'

I was thinking of using the description box (since the subboards do have them) to post clickable links to the threads, like [Only admins are allowed to see this link], [Only admins are allowed to see this link]...etc etc. Since it allows me to put in those huge descriptions of the place, it ought to let me do URLs too...at least, that's my hope. If it does allow me to do that, then I'll be able to do a combination of the PLEASE LOOK HERE and the organization via the clickable links (I hope this makes...some sense XD)

I've been a little quiet here due to some personal things going on x.x But I'll try to modify a few things this weekend and then have whoever wants to take a look and compare it to the 'old' organization of things. We can decide what we like or what we think should be changed and then that'll be the model we use for all of the worlds after this one...if that sounds okay ^_^

(Sometimes things make perfect sense in my head...and then I go to write them and go O_O)

Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 pm

ADDED: You can check out the Eternal Darkness thread now and see what it looks like. Basically it's a little chunk of the information, while the rest is a (currently locked) sticky within. The order has been modified, so that first you can read the same information as outside and then the rest below. (I've only done this for the Velvet Rope, but if you like it that way I'll do the others that way. I can't find an option to make a little 'help' popup window come up, so I hope this works!)

Later tonight I'll work on the other bits and bobs, including trying to write up a description of the Forest and the Everywhere Else sections (but more importantly the forest) and modifying the Species information so that can be added too ^^

I'll also try to organize the Basics section in a few different ways and see which ones work the best...let's see how tired I am from work XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eternal Darkness Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next