The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Magic and Owls Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Of Magic and Owls Discussion  Empty
PostSubject: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:16 pm

All right, in keeping up with making a new discussion every so often concerning the worlds, here's the next one right on down the board. Let's discuss the HPverse! ^_^

Honestly, I don't think this one needs much 'reworking' so much as it needs some love and attention. A few things to consider would be:

- The new NPC Professor can act as a teacher here, so if no player is interested in being a professor then the NPC will create classes for you guys to post in if you'd like.
- Anyone who does want to be a professor should specify what classes they teach/if they head up a house
- Perhaps rework the info section to include the classes taken for each year

I think this world doesn't have to be as strict with a plotline as some of our other worlds. However, we naturally do have to respect anything canon that happens, yes? ^^

Other than that, it's just a matter of tidying up the place. Does anyone else have any suggestions to keep this place going?
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

One suggestion:

Can we have a thread just saying who is the head boy/girl, the prefects of each houses, and the positions on the quiditch team? So there's no accidental overlapping of those roles for newer members who want to join the AU and take one of those positions.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 am

Good call Francis~ Yes, I shall post one up!

(Also on an unrelated note, I'm debating whether to make Keeks into a Ravenclaw. Most traditionally, that is what he is...and it does fit with his personality. But...butbut...he's not entirely stuffy in that AU XD)
Back to top Go down
Lili Zwingli

Lili Zwingli

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 am

I want to be part of this, but my last profile for the Potterverse had pretty much no backstory whatsoever...
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:09 pm

Aww Lili...there's plenty of time for you to write up a backstory! And it doesn't have to be anything super complicated in this verse (maybe where you were living, you got your letter...you're in xx year now)...unlike some of our other verses ^^;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 pm

@Japan:
He doesn't need to be a stuffy Ravenclaw. After all, Luna was certainly not stuffy XD
I personally see the Ravenclaws being open-minded as well as just studious. Which was probably why Hermione was seen as more of a Gryffindor. She's too close-minded and holds to her beliefs too firmly.

Also Prussia can't seem to get onto the forum with her account.

@Liech:
You don't need a backstory to be part of the discussion~ And you can always add more to your backstory, or even just leave it plain for this AU. There's not much detail needed for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:27 pm

@Francis: Wasn't Luna a Gryffindor, though...?

@Lili: At the very least, post the basics. You can always come back to it later and finish it up~
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:21 am

@Feliks - No, she was a Ravenclaw Smile

@Francis - I might switch him, unless convinced otherwise ^^

And I'll get on fixing Prussia's account. It might be marked 'inactive' in her profile so I'll just fix that and she should be good ^^

Edit: Should be fixed now ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:54 pm

@Poland:
What Japan said~ Luna was a Ravenclaw.

@Japan:
Again, thanks for that ^^
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:37 pm

@Francis - I think I only just remembered now that you're also a Ravenclaw in that AU XD

*dear god, no male is safe in that dormitory from the fabulous Francis. If he's not climbing in your bed (to tell you off, if I remember his profile correctly) he'll be telling you how to dress yourself* <3

*crawls into the corner of too little sleep*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 am

Of course he would. They're all representing his house. He expect fabulous-ness from everyone!
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Japan refuses to be fabulous if it involves him having to stop being quirky <3

(Japanese street fashion in Hogwarts? I think Professors would have a fit...right up there with Ramune XD)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 am

Okay y'all (*shot*) two things:

1. If you'd like to be House Prefect or Head Boy/Girl *definitely not thinking Feliks at this time, no sir >.>* there's a thread for you to post in now. Also, same goes for Quidditch positions.

2. (Just an opinion thing) but for the sake of cluttered/cleanish looking things...should I move said posts (Head Boys/House prefect post and the Quidditch positions post) to the Character Database and leave them there as stickies? I'm thinking yes...since...well, while they do have to do with the main storyline, they are more about the characters...and the other board could have more focus on the rules, spells, etc. (since there will be many stickies) as well as the plot.

((I also added the links to the different things in the description. See if you like those...if not, let me know too and I'll organize it all differently XD I would have put the RULES and other stuff in the right order (rules at the top) but it goes by post order ><))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:04 am

1. I was preparing to ask if I could be the commentator there for the purpose of hitting on everyone, but then I remembered that I can't hit on anyone in this AU ;3; *sobs*

2. That makes sense~ I think it'd better there as well.

I'm sure you can move the order of those posts if you unsticky them. If you can't figure out how to do it on the admin panel, unsticky everything. Then for the rules, copy paste all the rules in another post of that thread, and delete the "first" post. It'll bring the Rules up to the top of the board, then sticky it again.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

PFFFFFT Oh Francis...you should be the commentator, not to hit on everyone...but to make sure everyone is NOT HITTING ON EACH OTHER~!

1. I think I will move it...after a bit (so I can edit the links too)

2. And unstickying/restickying them just keeps them in the same order, so I'd have to do the latter of your two suggestions...which I will do eventually *shot*

(I could also post the Quidditch rules in there in a post below the regular rules...which would them 'bump' that sticky to the top XD)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 am

So what is the go on Dormitories?
From my knowledge 5 students of the same year and gender share a room. (At least that is what it says in the books.

I think we should still have different ones for genders, but are we going to separate them by years?

eg GRYFFINDOR DORM ROOM 1 (6th years)

1. Alfred F Jones
2. SIXTH YEAR EXAMPLE
3. SIXTH YEAR EXAMPLE
4. SIXTH YEAR EXAMPLE
5. SIXTH YEAR EXAMPLE

Having only 6th year male Gryffindor students in the room.

Or

Have Any year in a room, filling them up in a first come first serve basis

GRYFFINDOR DORM ROOM 1
1. Alfred F Jones
2. ANY YEAR EXAMPLE
3. ANY YEAR EXAMPLE
4. ANY YEAR EXAMPLE
5. ANY YEAR EXAMPLE

Although not the canon way, since we don't have hundreds of players like the school in the books has students, this will fill up things better.

OR

How about Juniors and Seniors? eg: Juniors= Years 1-5 Seniors= Years 6-7

GRYFFINDOR SENIORS : DORM ROOM 1
1. Alfred F Jones
2. SENIOR STUDENT
3. SENIOR STUDENT
4. SENIOR STUDENT
5. SENIOR STUDENT

GRYFFINDOR JUNIORS :DORM ROOM 2
1. JUNIOR STUDENT
2. JUNIOR STUDENT
3. JUNIOR STUDENT
4. JUNIOR STUDENT
5. JUNIOR STUDENT

This will make it more realistic while still filling up rooms, especially in lower years.

A Gryffindor or Ravenclaw Tower Dorm room looks like this;

Spoiler:

Ideas? I like knowing who is in my room after all /o3o/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 am

Voting for the second idea, because we really don't have enough characters to do it the canon way, and I expect when it comes to years, most characters will be around 5-7th years, with maybe the odd character below those years. At least if there's any situation where there's a junior who can't have a roommate by the third suggested rule, in the second suggested rule they have some opportunity for interation in the dorms.

Just my opinion on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 am

So maybe change Juniors to 1-4 and Seniors to 5-7?

I am sure it would only start to matter once characters like Sealand, Wy, Ladonia etc start joining......

So we could probably just leave it as second option. -nods-

Adding to that note, Lili is only 13 so we would already have a third year, so it would probably be best if we stayed at option 2....It is going to be hard enough to get enough girls for Dorms as is |D

But lets say, Ladonia and kugel mugel both join and both decide to be 2nd years.... I don't see the problem with them deciding to both be in say a Slytherin Junior room together for example.

Last edited by Gilbert Beilschmidt on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am

I was about to point out Lili, since I was mostly thinking how hard it'd be for her to get a roommate.

Though if a Ladonia and Kugel wanted to do that, at least with the second option, there'd be nothing stopping them from doing it. I think we can still allow people to choose if they want to have their own dorm seperate from others for whatever reasons they have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:08 am

.....If Russia joins and decides to be Slytherin....I fear for Gilberts sanity ...lol

8C ...;;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 am

AT LEAST YOU CAN HAVE THE OPTION TO SAY "WE ARE NOT SHARING DORMS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BIG FAT NOSE" *shot*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 am

LOL, well.... I personally have nothing against sharing with Russia....Gilbert on the other hand |D

BUT YES. I HAD ENOUGH OF BIG FAT RUSSIAN NOSES AT DURMSTRANG.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Agreed. The second option leaves people the option to NOT join a room if they are 'junior' (by the list), but if they do want to be put in the same room they can interact.

The rooms are still split by gender (sorry to Lili...since she's currently the only female on the boards x.x)...but I like the second split better there, Gil <3
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Okay, so the rules have been updated to reflect the dorm room assignments. (I'll change the link to the actual sign-up sheet just as soon as I post it).

The Professor will be posting up a few things soon too, so keep an eye out for those (relevant to the things we discussed in the staff room <3)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:27 am

Here are a few for you:

Dorm Assignments are posted in the Common Room board as a sticky.

Added the House Point tracker to the Great Hall (since we don't rightfully have an entrance hall, and the Great Hall is also canon XD)

Added an open RP to the Great Hall. All are welcome to post. It's sort of a 'start-of-the-year' RP (even though some RPs now are taking place after that, so just be aware of that in your timelines)

Added descriptions to Hogsmeade, as well as a few extra maps and places.

SOON TO BE ADDED: The Quidditch rules, the rest of the detailed descriptions for Hogwarts, and a final post in the Basics Section (tbd...if we need it it'll go there. If we don't then it's not happening XD)

After that, it's just cleaning up anything that might happen to be left from the old HP stuff and then this should be done ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Magic and Owls Discussion    Of Magic and Owls Discussion  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Magic and Owls Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next