The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? Empty
PostSubject: Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?   Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:29 am

And if the answer is yes, can I suggest that if any new spell is used in that RP that we have people post them somewhere (probably the "Magic and Owls plotline" unless we want to make a new thread for this?) in a sort of mini-form format? Simply so that we can record non-canon spells, allowing other characters to use them as well (because it just wouldn't be fair if one student could do it but no one else could learn it unless it has to do with plot), or even just to reference them?

Maybe it could be filled out like this? (or in any other way, I'm open to suggestions here) Just to get the important info I think is needed for the spell for others to know.

Incantation/Non-verbal: (Either insert the words spoken for the spell, or say that it's non-verbal if it's not meant to be spoken aloud)
Name of Spell: (Normally the purpose of the spell added with Charm/Hex/Curse at the end)
Effect: (Description of spell and what it does)
Year: (As in year of when the spell should best be learnt at, to avoid anyone young doing an advanced spell they shouldn't know)
Class(?): (Maybe just to categorise it as a Charms/Herbology/Transfiguration/DADA spell or even something not taught etc. Healing and Dark Arts to give us a better idea of usage. This is just a maybe one, if enough people want it)

Yeah... that's about it. So what does everyone think? Am I just over thinking this or what (I blame looking at so many lists of HP spells for it)? If made-up spells aren't allowed then just forget about this.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?   Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I think yes, because it seems the Weasley twins in canon made up a lot of nifty uses for charms and the like. I say within reason, unless the rules (if there are any posted) state otherwise. I suggest a seperate thread...maybe a comprehensive spell indexish thing, just so it doesn't get buried under the plotline stuff and that it stands out. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?   Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:46 am

Actually, I meant more if there's a spell we use in the RP that does not exist in the series. So say if we want a spell to turn something into a rabbit, which does not exist in the series (I've checked, while there is transfiguration for every animal, they don't name a lot of speicific ones for every animal, just one for furrets, rats and birds). It'd be a spell we should assume be taught in class, so everyone should be able to use it if they're at the right year to learn it.

But yeah, if someone makes up a spell that even in our RP is new and has never been used (example if Kiku makes a spell to make a hologram of characters in his manga appear), then that should be added too. Not really picky on what spells we add as long as they've never appeared in the books.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?   Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:47 pm

Haha, tis why I thought an all-inclusive index would be helpful, since it'll cover both possibilities. ^^
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?   Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Just a nudge to the rules for anyone who still has questions about this. Spell Index would still be helpful though~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?   Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are made up spells allowed in the HPverse?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Worlds Collide :: Out of Character :: Forum Discussions-
Jump to: