The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Island Poll~

Go down 
2 posters

What shall we name our deserted island?
Convicts' Island
An Island Poll~ I_vote_lcap20%An Island Poll~ I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
THAT FUCKING Island
An Island Poll~ I_vote_lcap40%An Island Poll~ I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Other (Comment)
An Island Poll~ I_vote_lcap40%An Island Poll~ I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Well, in every pirate AU there's always that ONE DESERTED island (that always turns out to be super important...or not deserted at all), and ours happens to need a name. Please vote in the poll, and if you vote for OTHER, please list the name choice you'd like (or vote for one you see in the posts.)

POTENTIAL NAMES

Convicts' Island - This one is more for history than anything else, if the AU is taking a more historical approach, this one makes some sense (though there were many islands used as penal islands >.>)

THAT FUCKING Island - A Hetalia reference...don't shoot (and it holds about the same meaning as the above, sans historical basis of any kind)

OTHER - Something far more creative (and awesome) than what my stupid brain came up with? (HELP! I'm trapped inside my mind!)
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Wang Yao

Wang Yao

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Personally the second option would give more ambiguity to the island, so it could be any island instead of implying one specific island. We could also just name more islands. The only name I can come up with at the moment is Riff Raft Island (yeah I know its lame >.>).
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 11:46 pm

It's also not necessarily for condemned people...though condemned holds two meanings (not necessarily condemned by the law so much as by other pirates...you get the idea).

I like them both, and also you can think of another name at some point. I could even just call it 'Uncharted Island' and be happy, but I figured what better way to get us more excited about being PIRATES than to name our own island! >D
Back to top Go down
Wang Yao

Wang Yao

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:28 am

XD yes! perhaps we can have each captain have their own island and have them name it. Just an idea or make a small map of where things are.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:26 am

That would get quite confusing fast, though if we'd rather it be a chain of islands for us to do that in the future, that's doable ^_^

The point of this though is to just figure out what we want to name the island/chain of Islands in general so that the subboard has a name (like the Port is, well, the Port right now, but if people wanted specific shops in the Port for themselves they could always make a thread for it). I'm not shooting down your idea (a chain of islands with each pirate unknowingly having an island next to his enemy would be hysterical...and then deadly XD) but for now focusing on naming the thing(s) as a group would be the goal <3
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:29 am

(Sorry to double-post)

My personal vote then is for 'Other' and then I suggest, in order to keep with Yao's idea and for potential to grow in the future.

Name: Uncharted Islands

(Description would be something like: 'An uncharted group of islands, though a few of them are well-known spots for pirates to leave the unfortunate souls to die'...but way better. That way we could have multiple islands, but there could also be only one island, for all we know...I mean, it is uncharted. XD)
Back to top Go down
Wang Yao

Wang Yao

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:41 am

Oh, okay! I understand. XD I wasn't clear on it but I see what you're doing :3 The Uncharted Islands sounds like it would work fine for this au.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Island Poll~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Island Poll~   An Island Poll~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Island Poll~
Page 1 of 1