The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

To be a knight

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: To be a knight   Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Maria had been taking her Squire training very seriously since she arrived to live in the castle.The lord she served of course knew she was not a boy, but due to a promise the lord made her father she stayed with his family and trained to be a knight. She knew of course she could of always tried to train as her rightful gender but girls were just never taken seriously when it came to knighthood. She wanted to prove her worth without any special treatment. She often wondered why people with natural talents and privileges squandered their good fortune, it is like a runner being given a head start in a race and then just sitting down to watch the other catch up and finish. But her family did have the money for her to train as a knight, something many people could only dream of so at least she could use what advantage she did have and use it to make up for her natural disadvantages.

Her teachers said that she had a lot of potential, of course they had all said she was lagging behind the other boys when it came to physical development. She knew why of course but she believed that all that could be fixed with more training and dedication. She would always be willing the shovel the stables and groom the horses while the other boys would complain. She would polish her masters armor until she could see her own grin in it's reflection. And she would train and exercise until her muscles were sore, honing her skills for hours.

She stood outside the castle stables where the knights kept their horses and was practicing her blows against the sparring dummy with her blunt sword. The white cloak adored with the family crest twirled in the wind as she practiced her strikes and defensive maneuvers. She was continuing long after the other Squires had hung up their training gear and gone home, her concentration only focusing on her aim, to prove herself and be taken seriously.

Last edited by Gilbert Beilschmidt on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Here he was again, off for another training session in just this day alone. When he was young, Francis never minded that warfare was focused on more than his other lessons. However, ever since his brother had been kinged, the insistance by his father that now he had to double the time he practiced with the sword made him wish he could practice on a live target.

And recently his brother was no better either. Constantly nagging him over spending too much time preparing for warfare. Honestly, he's only tried for one child so far. It should not Francis' problem if his brother is being paranoid and jumping to the conclusion that he'll never conceive a son. He muttered something under his breath that no person should ever say about their king or else face a hanging.

As he noticed the knights' stables coming into view he noticed someone had remained behind to train. He stopped once he was close enough to see who was training. They were smaller than him nor had he seen this person before. He must have been one of the squires. Normally they were always sent off the training grounds long before any of the royals were due out to practice.

At first he was deciding to leave the young squire to train without saying a word to disturb the other. The boy might decide to leave if he noticed the prince was here to train and Francis didn't want to be the cause of the squire leaving. However the longer he thought about it he eventually noticed that the squire's movements were slowing from extensive training. Had the boy been training here for that long of a time? Maybe he should interrupt before this squire overworked himself. "Excuse me... Squire."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Since it was not a voice that she recognized she continued until she finished her set before lowering her sword panting to catch her breath. She put the sword back in her sheath and wiped her hair out of her eyes to look towards the voice once she was done.

Oh, it was just the young prince, the one that would not be king. She must of stayed longer than expected and was impeding on the time the royals usually had their private classes. She knew she had been training for a while, but she did not realize how long she must of been at it for until the other had shown up. "Ah...good evening I suppose your highness." She stood up tall even though she realized she was exhausted and then gave the prince a small bow. "Sorry if I am taking up your time, I believe I just got excited about my training."

She had not realized how tired she was until she stopped and she only took a few steps before sitting down on a hay bale. "Ah... but perhaps I will just take a rest before I pack up for the day.." She lent back slightly catching her breath. She was only wearing light leather armor along with her robes besides her metal wrist arm guards so it was not just that her armor was too heavy for her either and making her tired.

When she saw the other was still there she blushed lightly. "I am just catching my breath! I am fine!" She hated seeming weak in front of others, regardless if they were a faceless peasant or a young Prince.

Last edited by Gilbert Beilschmidt on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:09 pm

A typical royal would have made that squire head back to the knight's equipment shed. Francis probably should be behaving more to his status. Probably and should being the keywords. He did think about it, but he didn't like the idea of just brushing off someone who would be working for his family in this condition.

He walked over to the hay bale the squire was sitting on. The boy would need to leave the stables, but he'd also be needing help to get back to the equipment shed. It wouldn't do him any good leave him to sit there - what if a knight came? Francis may be able to excuse the squire's actions and cover for him, but if the knight too it to his brother there was little he could do.

"Come, I shall take you back to the equipment shed." At first he was about to offer his hand out to the squire to help him up but immediately stopped half way in the action. He almost forgot about manners. This boy may be reluctant to accept the offered hand. Yes, there was a good chance this boy was of nobility, but he wasn't the same nobility as a prince. Francis wasn't expected to be so casually touched, especially by someone of lower rank than him.

It took longer than it should have after his words to finally and fully outstretch his hand for the other to take hold of. "I do not expect you to worry about being mindful of typical etiquette in your current condition. Somehow I doubt you want to be bothered to do a reverence." He hoped that telling him so would make the boy realise that he honestly wouldn't mind being touched under these circumstances. Anyway, he was making his way there so it wouldn't be cutting into his schedule to help someone there as well. Not that he particularly cared if he missed a few minutes of training.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Maria blinked in surprise as she caught the hesitated gesture of a half extended hand being put back at it's owners side. Was the Prince just about to offer her his hand? He felt rather embarrassed by that, she must look a wreak if the prince actually sees enough concern to offer her direct help. She knew by this gesture that meant that the boy who only looked a little older than her, probably would not be too against helping her to steady herself.....but there was no way in hell her ego would let her struggle to her feet like an infant clinging to their parents leg for support so she was almost relived when the other stopped out stretching his arm.

Perhaps the Prince just wanted her out of his sight already so he could train. "Thank you for your concern..." She was about to say something when suddenly the Prince had changed his mind and was holding out his hand for her. She paused, not wanting to give in and take the hand offered to her but also not wanting to do something like deny the hand of the Prince, which even she knew would be highly offensive.

She finally took the others hand and pulled herself up, trying not to look like she was struggling. "Thank you..." She gave the Prince a friendly yet slightly sheepish grin. Now that she was level with him she had noticed that he was quite handsome and she blushed slightly at the hand holding. A-Ah Dammit stop blushing you idiot! She thought to herself. This is not the time for your stupid female feelings to decide they want to give you away!

"L-Let's head back quickly so I don't waste anymore of your time." She laughed a small nervous laugh, but not the one of a person who feared for their safety, but one of a person who laughed awkwardly when they talked to someone they wanted to look cool in front of. Her eyes finally broke his gaze and she adamantly stared towards the equipment shed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Francis couldn’t help but stare at the squire’s face when he saw that blush. He must be embarrassed by the needing help from the prince. Yet there was something odd about it. Normally when someone was embarrassed they would try to avoid looking at the case of it, but this squire was still looking at him.

He brushed the thought off after hearing that laugh. Right. He was taking the squire back to the equipment shed. “I do not mind. It is a pleasant distraction from all the extra training I have been required to do.” Not to mention it was getting him time with a cute little squire, which of course he couldn’t just admit freely. While he didn’t have to worry about this boy or any knight that might pass by questioning him for trying to do something with another man, he knew he wouldn’t be able to get away with it if his father or brother found out. And they certainly wouldn’t approve.

Letting go of the hand he was holding, he instead placed it on the younger boy’s hip, pulling him to his right side. It was an unusual thing to do; the higher in rank always should be kept to the right as it was easier to counter an attack from that position but Francis knew he wouldn’t be able to carry the other as easily on his left side. Plus he was certain the other was much too tired to try a sneak attack. There was no reason to be concerned about it. “Lean against me.” He lightly tugged on the squire’s arm, wanting him to put it around his shoulders for extra support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Maria froze as there was a sudden hand on her hip. Usually she would of hit whoever would place a hand in such a place or just laugh it off if it was a friend, but this was a Prince and she did not think either reaction would work in this case. She felt a little uncomfortable by a strange high ranking person touching her... but he was just supporting her. Wait.... he wanted her to lean on him while they made their way to the equipment shed!?

She stared at him as she tried to make her self believe what the other had said. She wondered if this was perhaps a test and that her teachers were watching to observe what she would do. She looked around cautiously from side to side to see if she could catch anyone that may be watching them....but it seemed they were both alone right now.
When she had finally decided that this was not some sort of obscure test she wrapped an arm around the others shoulder and lent against him.

"I won't tell anyone if you don't...." She grinned at the other in a sheepish manner before laughing away the awkward feelings she was having. "Trust me, when I finally become an awesome Knight for your families Kingdom, I will make it up to you~" She hummed and started towards the equipment shed, walking slowly but keeping a steady pace as she did not want to lean on the other too much for support or slow down any more than she already was.

"Although if you ever need a sparring partner, I could always offer you my services~" She joked in a confident manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Francis was making sure to walk slowly as he helped the squire along. It felt nice to have someone so close to him. And he was so warm too from that training.

No, none of that. He was meant to be helping. Not taking advantage of this squire. Though technically he wouldn’t be taking advantage of the squire since it was his duty to keep the royals satisfied- no, he couldn’t. That wasn’t going to change the fact that he would still be taking advantage of an exhausted squire. He shook his head and tried to keep his thoughts off it with conversation.

“No one else will hear a word from me.” There was that laugh again. This really must be awkward for the other. Maybe Francis should have thought this out better or even called someone else to do it, someone that the squire wouldn’t be so uncomfortable being touched by. “You are still so excited about becoming a knight? That is quite different from what I am used to hearing. They always seem to be complaining about doing all that hard work. Not that I get much opportunities to talk with other squires here while they are training…” The only squires he knew of were those of other noble families. To spoilt children like them, anything that required them to sweat was too hard for them.

This talking was comforting. It not only kept his mind off thinking about the boy besides him in such indecent ways but it also appeared to him like it was making that boy less nervous around him. “I could take you up on that offer, but I am afraid that would be too unfair.” He smiled slightly. “My sparing partners tend to be of the… lifeless dummy variety. I would have to tie you up before we started.”

Although he did regularly train against knights assigned to teach him too, they just weren’t any better recently, in his opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:10 pm

She was quickly growing comfortable with the Prince since he did not seem to wish anything bad to happen to her and he did not seem like he was going to punish her at all either.

She laughed. "No! I love the hard work, it fills me with exhilaration and satisfaction that I am bettering myself!" She nodded. "Hard work runs in my family...even though that we are nobility." She smiled fondly as she thought of her father and brothers. "My father use to think sometimes I had to much ambition but soon realized I had what it took to achieve what I wanted to do." She always did like talking about herself so she was not shy about sharing her past with anyone, especially those that gave her an opportunity to do so. "Sure... I might not be as tall and as broad shoulders as the other men in my family.... but that just makes me want to work harder. People that are born with so much can sometimes feel the need to not better themselves after all." She drifted off in thought for a moment before adding. "My father sent me here to be a squire because of my ambition and I won't waste my good fortune."

"And Hey~ The Beilschmidt family has a high standard that I have to live up to and surpass, I can't let the name down after all!" Her family of course was rather well known, a noble family that owned a lot of land and was known for being filled with lots of men built for war.

She gave him a look. "If your sparring partners really are lifeless dummies then I am going to have to insist on helping you out!" She nodded adamantly. "I want to make this up to you and I also want to make sure one of my royals who I will one day serve as a knight is the best that he can possibly be!" She patted him on the shoulder with a happy chuckle. Maria was starting to act as if this was one of her friends who she sparred with usually, the nerves were now completely absent from her tone and she spoke confidently and happily.

"I am Gilbert by the way your highness, Gilbert Beilschmidt! Although I know you will remember it easily because one day I will be the greatest knight in this kingdom!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:39 pm

The other was starting to feel comfortable around him, Francis could tell. A small smile formed as he much liked it better when the people he spoke with would actually say more than just answers to any questions he may have asked. It has always been difficult to try get close to new people because they were always being mindful of typical etiquette.

"Someone of nobility liking hard work? I cannot tell if you have overworked yourself so much that you are becoming delusional or if you really are that much of an oddity." Though it was clear in his tone that he was teasing, he managed to keep his face clear of any emotion. It was a skill any member of the family had to know; keeping your counterance in any situation was important for diplomacy. With his free hand he place it onto the squire's forehead. "Hum... no fever so far. Maybe you have dehydrated yourself?"

They were coming close to the equipment shed and Francis stopped with the joking to lead Gilbert inside. "Gilbert, I do appreciate your offer but I would still think it unfair. You appear much younger than I..." Gilbert was considerably smaller, both in size and build, and his voice softer and higher as if it hadn't cracked yet. Francis guessed the other had to be about four or five years younger. "You may not have been trained enough for a proper bout yet."

At the first bench he saw inside the shed, he immediately dragged the squire over to it and forced him to sit down on it. "Rest here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:36 am

Maria was soon comfortable with the other since he seemed to throwing away formalities right now. "I have noticed the nobles that live around the castle are a lot different to the ones where I am from~" She laughed. "They seem to forget that they are just people that need to prove their worth just as much as anyone else~" She went cross eyed as the other felt her forehead. "Well ...a drink of water would probably be a good idea now that I am finished with my training for the day.

She looked rather disappointed as the other turned down her offer to be sparring partners. "Eh... I am fifteen years old ... I am fully old enough to have a sparring partner..." She really was hoping she would have a growth spurt soon, she was only two years younger than the prince was. She was happy that at least she had not had a growth spurt in the wrong places and was still barely a noticeable size in her chest and she did not need to bind yet. "I have been a squire since I was thirteen and I have been using a sword since I could walk!"

The huff in her voice was replaced with a laugh as the other wanted her to sit down. "Heh, you care a lot for a Prince...." She gave the other an awkward look as she realized what she said could be seen as very insulting. "U-um... I mean ...what I mean is that you are very in touch with your subjects which is a rare trait to see in royalty..." She scratched the back of her head with a sheepish chuckle.

She decided to put the conversation back on track. "I mean..... I could just say thank you..." Maria nodded and patted the hay next to her. "And don't judge me by my young appearance.... I am stronger that I look, one day I will prove that to you!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 am

There had to be water kept around for the knights after their practice. Though where it was, Francis wasn't completely sure. He was used to it being given to him rather than needing to find it himself. It couldn't be too difficult to find so he started to look around - specifically expecting it was in a barrel.

He paused in his search, turning to stare at the other. "You're fifteen?" His voice had a clear tone of surprise in it. "But you're... you look quite young for your age. I did not expect that you would be... you did say fifteen?" Before he could say anything else that could be potentially insulting he quickled turned back to his search for a barrel with water. "Not that it is a bad thing... I suppose some people get their growth spurt later than others. At least you may not have much longer to wait until you reach your growth spurt."

Eventually finding that barrel of water, he grabbed a small communal metal cup that was sitting besides it and dipped it into the water before walking back to where Gilbert sat. "You think it is odd? Hum... I suppose if it seems odd to you I can always act more like what you expect a royal to be." Just as he was holding out the cup to the squire he soon withdrew it before the other could have a chance to take it. "So how would a proper royal do this... oh yes. I believe I should be drinking as much as I want and only giving you what I do not feel like dirnking." Though the mischievious smile he gave the entire time would clear any doubt that he was joking.

Before he gave the cup, he dipped some of his fingers into the water then placed them onto Gilbert's forehead, spreading the little water on his fingers around the other's face. "It is not unusual for people to care as long as they have someone who has showed them the same care while growing up. I may have been raised by servants but they were very kind." He lifted the cup up to Gilbert's lips, wanting him to drink. "I must have picked it up off how they treated me as a child."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 am

She went bright red and frowned. "Of course I am fifteen!" She puffed. "Awesome me will get a growth spurt soon and be tall just like my Vati is!" She looked away, knowing full well that it was most likely impossible that she would ever be as tall as her father or any other male in her family no matter how hard she trained. She shifted awkwardly in her seat, she did not want to seem to defense about her physical appearance as she did not want to make the other suspicious but she knew from personal experiences with her friend Vash that height was a sensitive topic for all shorter boys her age.

She watched the other fetch the water from the barrel, listening to what the other had to say frowning for a moment as the other pulled away the cup. She gave the other an unsure look as she was not to fond about being teased. She was about to just reach for the cup but then the Prince sped some water on her forehead and face, she was not expecting the touch and she froze, her face getting flustered. She was not use to gentle touches touches in General from anyone besides her family so it has taken her by surprise. "O-Oi.....don't do that... it's weird..." She did not have much change to object however because the cup was pressed to her lips. "Mphh...!" If she had not been so damn thirsty she would of objected but she finally gave in and opened her mouth to take a much needed drink.

She drank the entire cup and licked her lips. "No one is born the way they are going to turn out after all..... No prince is ever destined to be as great or as terrible as their father... the same way that not all sons of Lords are destined to be stuffed shirts who can't handle a little hard work~" She gave the other a grin. "You might be a little touchy feeley but you are okay I suppose.." She punched the others shoulder lightly in a playful manner as she grinned at him. "And hey... if you appreciate not being treated like a stuffy Prince then I will treat you like I do any other regular person~ That way we will make sure you keep acting positively, eh~?" She grinned in a teasing manner and patted his cheek with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To be a knight   

Back to top Go down

To be a knight
Page 1 of 1