The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rule about Nyos?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:16 am

So, as I've noticed there's starting to be more uses of the nyo!forms for the nations here and that I'm not the only one planning to use the form for an AU indefinitely, I think there may need to be a rule for this in case new memebers want to use the nyo form for their character but isn't sure if they're allowed to or where/when they can do it.

What does everyone think? Should there be a limit? Should we just let people have the freedom to choose whatever gender they want?
Back to top Go down

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 am

I think if you join you should join basically as the canon gender.
BUT if there is an AU where you have a LOT of ideas for your Character as a Nyo then I think that just makes it more fun with the AUs.
I think it would be a bit much to be a Nyo in All/most of the AUs, but having different genders from time to time in AUs would make it even more fun.

I would love to have Fem Prussia in on of the AUs, I will most likely use her in Medieval if I do. =3 (I would of maybe preferred her in HP or Pirates but I have now got plots in those that I adore lol )

But yeah, having one or two AU's where you have fun as a Gender swap sounds awesome to me~
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Here are my thoughts:

1. No Nyotalia tryouts. Obviously, that's not an issue with those of us on the board already. However, if someone was to ask to reserve a fem!nation, please kindly tell them that while we do not mind some fem!nations in RPs (where relevant), the character and reservation list is based on the canon genders of the characters.

(I feel the need to clarify this...because if people see Fem!nations in the RPs played by males they might ask if they can simply play the fem!nations instead)

2. AU Fem!nations - The original rule was ONE nyo!nation...and that was it. Then again, the original rule for many things was 'one this, one that' so I think it's more appropriate to say:

- So long as your fem!nations don't severely outnumber your canon gender profiles, you can have them. (we could make a rule, like 1 fem, 3 canon...if we must, but
- No pairings without permission...though that applies to REGULAR pairings too, mind you.
- Please put a warning on your thread, as you would with a mature thread. If you don't prefer to read fem!nation RPs, you do not have to. You do not have to participate. For those with fem!nation profiles, please respect that. If you don't, we'll have to have a talk...and talks are never fun -_-

Did that about cover it (or detail out Gil's post more and fluff it..because now that I read this it kinda looks like that XD)?
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Wait, confused by that last point. Do you mean only mark your thread with a warning if it's mature like normal, or mark your thread with a warning if it has a fem nation in it? Cause how would the latter work if it's during an open RP? Or would the fems need to avoid those and only participate in anything they're invited to do?
Back to top Go down
William Anderson

William Anderson

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:40 am

I think the only reason she's suggesting warning for Nyotalia is because there are Hetalia RPers who dislike Nyotalia and don't want to interact with the Nyos.

But I wonder. My character's mutation is the ability to change genders. Would threads where he's female qualify as Nyo? -ponders-
Back to top Go down

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 6:42 am

Oh I get the reasoning, but from the wording I'm not sure if she meant that or something else. I just need a clarification.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:19 pm

We've updated the Forum Rules to reflect our stance on Nyotalia/Genderswapped nations. The basic premises are the same. The main thing is, if people aren't comfortable with genderswapped nations, we'll have to respect that. Members are free to choose not to interact with nyotalia nations.

In X-Verse (a good example is Will from X-Verse <3) a nation has the power to genderswap or split a person along gender lines. This power will not work if a person is not comfortable with the swap happening. If the RPers who created the profiles aren't comfortable with that as a rule, they will have to change their profiles around (but as far as I know both of them are okay with it).

Are there still remaining questions? I think that covers it...
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Rule about Nyos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule about Nyos?   Rule about Nyos? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule about Nyos?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Worlds Collide :: Out of Character :: Forum Discussions-
Jump to: