The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hint: Not America.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Hint: Not America. Empty
PostSubject: Hint: Not America.   Hint: Not America. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Hint: Not America. 650px-Political_map_of_Canada

(Unf, sexy I know.)

Human name: Matthew Williams

Country's name: Canada

Personality section: Matthew is generally polite, quiet and calm; he rarely stands out so people often forget about him among other, more colourful characters. His personality might derive from his family; someone had to keep distance and a clear head among the chaos his parents and brother created on daily basis. Matthew decided to take up the role of being a peacekeeper of his family and ho boy, when needed, he will peacekeep the living shit out of you. He's usually passive-agressive and rarely uses violence or even raises his voice in confrontation... unless theres hockey season going on and someone dares to insult Canada or hockey or Canadian hockey. Then he will pull all punches (or hockey sticks) he can (and win). Hockey is srs bsns, amrite?
Apart from that, Matthew is quite the nature lover. He enjoys hiking and when possible, hed rather use a bike than a car. He is an avid animal rights supporter and gay marriage supporter. He tries to take an active part, helping out in case of crisis (for animals and nature, like an oil spill, not gay marriage crisis) and he tries to live a environment-friendly lifestyle. He sorts his trash, makes sure to buy products not tested on animals, etc. He tries to convince people to do the same but isnt pushy with his ideals.
He's quite affecionate nd, as he doesnt have many friends, he treasures everyone he gets along with.

Roleplay sample:

Mattie was frowning at the big book he was currently studying in the library; he had his first class today, Care for Magical Creatures, which was also his most important and vital class as far as his dream career was concerned (not to mention his personal interests) and he was rather determined to excel in it this year.

His new teacher seemed alright... but she already mentioned the things they would be studying this year and Mattie realized that he barely had any idea about some of the topics. And since not all classes for this term had begun yet, he decided to use this more leisure time period and start studying already, since he knew later he wouldnt have so much free time.

He was on this fascinating chapter about the mating habits of dragons when suddenly, someone wrapped his arms around him - and really, there was only one person who could do it. He glanced up and true enough, there was the blonde hair, the cowlick, the glasses...

Alfred F. Jones. Self-proclaimed Hero.

And for some reason, Matthew's close friend since the first year of this school.

Really, their friendship was an odd one; despite what their looks might suggest, Alfred and Matthew were quite polar opposites (except when it came to sports; then they both agreed it's serious business) and to prove it, they were in different houses, wanted completly different careers in life, took different subjects... They recently became seekers of their teams, though.

At first, it was just Al getting the crazy idea that Mattie, because he looked a bit similar to Al, was the perfect side-kick material; even when Mattie was selected to Hufflepuff, the Gryffon didn't let it diminish his enthusiasm, oh no. In fact, he claimed this way Mattie could keep an eye on things where the true Hero wasnt present and Matthew gladly did just that, doing his own things, focusing on his own studies.

But Al continued to pester him, calling out his name in the hallway, sitting next to him in the dining hall (despite the Houses were supposed to sit at their own tables), sending him messages with his baby owl (who couldnt land properly and really, it was cute when Hero was a baby, not when he was a fat pile of feathers, it was just annoying) and generally, dragging Mattie into his crazy schemes, getting him in trouble and... and somehow, during those years, building a strong friendship.

At first, Mattie felt rather annoyed; when his old, childhood friend visited him during summer and he was complaining and bitching about this crazy person he met in his new school, day after day, Mattie was really surprised when his friend looked at him, eyes clearly envious, and said 'You're so lucky, your school sounds like so much fun... Ours is so boring and the people just study and don't even know how to have fun.'

At first, he wanted to protest - it was hell, not fun!! But then, Mattie had an ephiphany at that very moment. Because he realized that if it werent for Al, he would be one of those boring people. His memories of Hogwarts - Hogwarts!! - would be mostly filled with quietly studying and attending classes, day after day, perhaps interrupted by a more exciting Quidditch period. But because of Al, he had gathered tons of interesting stories to remember; some funny, most of them embarassing, but never boring.

When he came back next year, he was changed slightly. He still scolded Alfred when he did something inappropriate, he still pestered him to do his homework, he still dampened his spirits when Alfred went too far - but now, when they barely escaped a teacher after sneaking to the kitchen for some snacks for the night, Mattie no longer stormed away in an annoyed huff, leaving Al to laugh about their adventure. Now, he chuckled, placed a creampuff in his mouth and highfived Al on getting away.

He liked that new self and he continued to develop this newly discovered part of him over the next years.

Alfred, naturally, had a lot more friends than Mattie but still, Matthew was proud to be his longest, closest friend. He considered himself fortunate to have such a friendship in his life. Even if sometimes - very often - it was quite troublesome for him...

Like now. "Al, I told you yesterday. I won't answer unless you use a different owl. Hero thrashed my room today in the morning and after I lceaned it up, you sent him again and he messed it up again! He's so big when he crashes into the window, it opens, no matter if I try to lock it!" he exclaimed, clearly exasperated. "you should consider yourself lucky you werent around few hours ago; I was on the verge of strangling you, I swear."

"Besides, I had a class today. Didnt you know?" he added, now a bit amused, not pulling away from the hold the American had on him and instead leaning back towards the broad chest comfortably... until he noticed the odd looks they were getting from other student and pulled away.

(Yes, its from a hp roleplay. Its Uscan but I hope thats not a problem? I can post a non-pairing one too.)

Anything else?:Im so sorry if I sounded derpy or something, I swear I treat this seriously and I do put effort into rping. I like blue. And I hope I did everything here correctly.

MSN account: hikari-03@o2(dot)pl

Last edited by Matthew Williams on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Hint: Not America.   Hint: Not America. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:41 pm

I have no idea if you did it on purpose (I'm going with you did it on purpose) but that map...that map cracked me up as a 'picture of you' <3

(AND THAT RP LOOKS OH SO FAMILIAR! O.O)

Your Matthew is adorable, just saying. So naturally, I accept your application! Welcome aboard the crazy ship...I hope you've brought a life vest because this is gonna be one crazy ride~

Now that you're accepted, post up an introduction for yourself in the Introduction board and then feel free to take a look around and start plotting, profiling, and being 'Not America' everywhere <3

Also, that typo of 'hiking' amused me so much~ Probably because I had the whole 'Francis' son' on the brain XD
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

PostSubject: Re: Hint: Not America.   Hint: Not America. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Well that was fast XD Thanks for approving <3!

I did it on purpose yes 8D I just randomly got this idea and I thought WELL ITS THE MOST ACCURATE I CAN GET.

*le gasp* Familiar? I have no idea what you are talking about~

Im off to make an intro then~ Also omg Francis stop infecting my brain damn you I gotta correct that thing before more people see it
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Hint: Not America.   Hint: Not America. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:59 pm

I waited just for you *insert non creepy smile here* (I saw you were online so I just kicked back with a cup of coffee and waited...and then nearly snorted it out through my nose at your map picture XD)

*takes away that picture of Canada for 'the future'*

I STILL LOVE IT~!

I can't wait to read it too~! *plops down and waits* BUT I'VE SEEN IT AND I WILL FOREVER REMEMBER IT! >D
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hint: Not America.   Hint: Not America. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hint: Not America.
Page 1 of 1