The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eternal Darkness Discussion

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 pm

I just lost my computer. An old electronic notepad is actually very handy for typing. Though not much else.

And Prussia will be able to come on and comment on things soon~ I was talking to her about it earlier.

I like the link in the description idea. It keeps the boards look more brief while making the details easier to find ^^ And it's probably just this layout doesn't support a "pop up mini help window" thing without custom coding or something. Don't worry about it.

See if you can ask other members if they have ideas of how they'd like to see the Basics section organised. Maybe one of them will come up with something awesome~ (Or if it's not too much trouble, design as many "the Basics" sections of different worlds as per ideas you have, then get members to look at each one and provide feedback on what they think was easier to find things in/looks neater)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 1:50 am

Aww, but you still manage to come on and leave wonderful comments ^_^ I seriously appreciate all of the feedback *owes you a soul and a half and a million happy RPs* <3

Hooray! I know she's busy...but it's nice to know she'll be on soon ^_^

You might have noticed (or not XD) that I created a 'What You Need to Know' board under each Basics section. The one in ED already has the Rules sticky in it, and once I edit it it will also have the species information for the Vampires, Werewolves, and Humans. Once that and the setting are posted, I'll edit the description of it to contain the links (for now it's just a generic description).

Every board thus far has a What You Need to Know board in it, but that can change based on what people think. I'll probably modify a world we haven't done that much in but want to start that doesn't have nearly as much information that needs its own little space. But with the separate subboards we can plot in them, like you suggested.

MOTIVATION...*looks around* WHEREVER YOU ARE, COME BACK! *sobs*
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:35 pm

I like most of these ideas!
Had a read, all sounds pretty good. If this is modern times...you think some people would be lobbying for equal rights for all species? -random question-
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

I think there would be sympathizers (so yes), but none of us necessarily have to play a sympathizer or someone fighting for equal rights unless we want to. You can also PM Mr. Newspaper to have him publish something in your RP about a rally or lobby or something...or act as someone with the 'voice' of an equal rights activist.

While this is modern times, it does seem to have a fantasy twist to it...so we're not in real Europe, but some dystopian-toned Europe. So more people seem to be pushing for either being 'left alone' or 'annihilation', but there are sympathizers...they just don't have a lot of ground in comparison, it seems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 am

If there were sympathisers, they could probably donate blood for the purpose of vampires drinking it. So we could have something like them ordering it "online" and having it mail delivered, as another way to obtain blood.

They could have talked the to the mayor and gotten "no hunters allowed to hunt" zones where werewolves and vampires can take advantage of escaping if they're persued by hunters. Depending how developed we're assuming this werevamp movement is, there may even be laws restricting what a hunter can do (such as no killing a vampire or werewolf unless that creature proves to be a threat, i.e. killing or attacking without being provoked).

And as we're not picking a speicific country, it might be an idea to establish what the default language of the setting is. Since there's at least one AU where the language they're speaking isn't English, we should be clarifying in the made-up-place AUs as we've kind of lost that "all AUs have English as the default language, so you don't have to ask" point.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:15 am

I think the laws can become more specific (or restricting) as the plot thickens. At the moment, the best way to describe the situation is that the Hunters are there to establish safety/order, but tend to be on the more extreme 'justice' side, if you will. Sympathizers can range from those willing to bear the vampires/werewolves' presence, but not necessarily willing to give blood or make special efforts for them (so sympathizer is just sort of an umbrella term then). I think as the plot develops and people play through, we can decide whether we want announcements made by Mr. Newspaper say, about new 'laws' or 'decrees' or something. So this isn't a no, just a 'let's wait and see how the plot develops, and use this as a plot thickener later ^_^

If someone would like to take matters up with the mayor (or even play a high-end government official) then that's another matter too XD But for the most part, you guys can go to Mr. Newspaper with things like that, and he'll make announcements from the 'mayor' or governing body that controls the Hunters. (He'll specify who he is too XD)

True true. I'd say 'Common', but other languages might bleed into it (like mentions of Japanese). It's not that we're not in Europe...we're just in 'Modern times Europe' that is more of a fictional modern times...dystopic. So English is probably the equivalent of 'Common'...but you can speak another language and be understood, mostly XD

(Also, I figure the vampire/werewolf's age would determine their dialect, or random 'slips' in dialect too.)

alsdkfjaslhgdjf I'll finish the settings and things and then we can look over everything. I WANT TO GET THIS DONE SO WE CAN GET STARTED AGAIN ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:15 am

With the links the way they are now, if you scroll over them the description pops up in a little 'help' style box. I just thought I'd mention that...since for some reason my random derping in the admin panel led me to see this marvelous thing and to post it up to see if people liked it.

(I think that's something like what you were getting at earlier, right Francis? O.O)

*sniffles* I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF RIGHT NOW *shot* sometimes I wonder how in the world I got considered the forum literate person when most of my stuff is just random luck and derping with things XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:13 am

Yes that was what I was talking about ^^
Although it was directed more at the current boards people were looking at, rather than their subboards within. But it's still something~

With the Human description, you probably should mention that there can be sympathisers and lobbyists. Even if no one takes up those roles, at least we can assume that there are NPCs who are like that. It's important to note that not everyone is against werewolves and vampires to give people an idea of the general mindset of the "people" in the world they're in.

I was thinking more of the mayor being an NPC unless someone wanted to one xD Since if those laws were being changed, that may be due to some official like a mayor. We didn't need to show it happening if we want it happening.

If we had the laws changing throughout the plot, that would give in-universe reason for characters to be careful and not "kill" whoever they want. I know we can't kill anyone in the RP without permission, but in-universe, that doesn't give much reasons to why the Hunters should not be able to kill any vampire or werewolf characters. The idea of NPC lobbyists would mean that at least in the AU, Hunters would wary of being careless and appearing unjust because they could lose their jobs if they gave any reason for the sympathisers to think that they're victimising "those monsters".

Like-wise, the vampires and werewolves would also be given reasons that'd deter them from doing whatever the hell they wanted. Some of them may just want equal rights and to live normally despite their... "conditiion" and others may just be happy to have those Hunters finally be rid of once and for all, they're willing to follow the stupid human laws to have that happen.

And now that I think about it, it leaves a good bit of potential for mind-games. Vampires could try sabotage the werewolves getting any "rights" so that certain rights will only be made to favour vampires, and vice versa with the werewolves sabotaging vampires gaining rights. If more laws are made to protect both species further down the plot, they could flaunt that fact to hunters that wouldn't be able to touch them at that point.

Just some random possibilities I'm thinking of that may help bring a few twists. We don't need to get into all the details about it right now though.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 pm

If there's a subboard that just has a bunch of stickies underneath it, I can post in the description box the links to the stickies. The difference is that it would appear above the Moderators post, instead of below. I'll try to fix up on in the HP-verse for you guys to look at (though I won't get to it until after work x.x)

I figured I'd mention it in the Setting too, but I'll add something to the human description (nothing's finalized yet with those...since I still have to add those other things we've been talking about ^^')

I think so that people don't just make up laws that potentially contradict with each other we should solidify them under a NPC (tis one of Mr. Newspaper's roles and functions XD). However, for the potential to have corrupt officials, it would be fun to see other players mentioning some higher governing body telling them they could do/not do something.

I'll add it...and we'll see if anyone picks up that role. I know Kiku's borderline that (a sympathizer XD0...though he'll fight and kill off a vampire/werewolf if he has to.

I think Mr. Newspaper will be able to help us add in 'laws' from a NPC standpoint that can either make it easier for all of us or harder (or just some of us. He's not biased, just doing his job XD). It'll be fun to see what wrenches we can throw into the plot. For now (well, after work) I'll try to finish up some key points for our setting and species and then we can go from there for sure

(I STILL LOVE YOUR BRAIN!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:04 pm

I decided to look up a news paper gen, just in case Mr. Newspaper needs it.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

It only shows a clipping, but I think for role plays, it'd be nice for "atmosphere". Plus Mr. Newspaper can make any comment he wants on it even if it's an exaggeration (since that and being nosey was his only canon traits revealed XD) while the articale can just contain more random detail that may not get used in the RP but explain why the law was changed.

Anyone can write up the article (I've checked and it so far has no limit to how many words you can put into it) and then PM it to Mr. Newspaper so you don't need to do it all if you don't want to. Doesn't need to be completely entertaining, and as long as the titles show there's a law change when that's what the thing is about, that's really all we need to keep track of those things.

Plus I feel like it'd give you more lee-way to say what you want about the article without having to be forced giving all the expected but boring info. Like if someone's house was burnt down and they suspect werewolves of being the cause of it, Mr. Newspaper would only need to be saying that a fire burnt a house down, their only evidence was the victims had claw marks on their body, and mention anything he wants to to make it entertaining. While the clipping can mention things like where the house was, how many people died in it, and "quotes" from the police. Things that if people can't load the image won't miss having.

Random disclaimer that I did remember one of the old forums I was on doing this, but I don't remember the gen they were using for the "news paper" updates they had. Thought it might be handy here.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Mr. Newspaper loves it (he'd damn well better love it since he's stuck in my head XD) and will play with it later today and post some nonsense articles to try it out ^_^

And I love creating atmosphere...so I'm all for this Very Happy

(Mr. Newspaper was like "I GOT A POST! I'M ALL IMPORTANT" and I was like "Yeah...yeah I did because you're in MY HEAD REMEMBER?" O.O Silly Hetalia voices in your head XD)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:12 am

A few things for you guys:

1. Once the setting and the last two descriptions go up (and aside from minor tweaking here and there), Eternal Darkness will be ready for everyone to jump in and RP. Please make your way over to the Plots and RP Requests board if you'd like to request anything further for this AU/Plot (after these things are done), as well as to start your own RP request threads (if you'd like).

Those threads aren't mandatory, but please respect all those who have posted them! (Like me...please post there for RPs with me...or I'll lose track of who wants what x.x) Make sure that any private RPs are labeled (or a short description of who is allowed at the top of the post) as well as mature content. If it is NON PLOT RELATED, either post that in the subtitle (EXAMPLE: ((non-plot)) or [non-plot]...etc) or in a short blurb at the top of your first post.

2. Thanks to Francis (I'd send you wine, but I'd be afraid it wouldn't be good enough *sniffles*) for a random newspaper generator. Below is the image/random test article I've created. These will be (less cracky) what Mr. Newspaper uses to post news articles for the AU. If you have news that needs posted, just PM Mr. Newspaper and a post will go up in newspaper form.

(Some of the spacing is weird, but that's just how the article printed it XD)

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 am

You're welcome ^^
Also that's odd. When I put in just the word "test" in there, the alien story completely disappeared. Maybe next time you just have to clear out all the entires and put in a random word in the gen, so it'll wipe out the memory of the last story?

Okay I was just testing it, and I didn't have a problem with writing something short after putting in the word "test" to clear the alien story.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

So next time if it stuffs on you and keeps the alien story, you just have to copy pasta your story, then clear out the memory of the alien story with some random word. Hopefully that should work.
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:59 am

FRANCE X WORLD...I'm glad they let me put that as the title...^_^

Oh no, it didn't keep the alien story after I typed in my own...except on the faaaar right (look at yours and mine, they are the same XD). That's I guess not part of the 'coding/editing area' so it'll always stay like that ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Oh yeah that. It's just to give an effect of there being another story there. As far as I know there's no way to get rid of that. But don't worry about it ^^
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 pm

I was being nitpicky ^^ FORGIVE MY BRAAAAIN *huggles Francis* (I thought it was me just not writing enough at first. I stopped being all "EDIT DAAAAA--" when I realized it couldn't be edited XD)
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 am

Thansk to Francis' virtual coffee, I'm feeling a little more alert and creative.

So finally, FINALLY the only thing that remains in Eternal Darkness is the Setting.

Tomorrow, I'm on to conquer finishing up Harry Potter (and the setting if I don't for some reason finish it tonight) after work. I'm guessing Of Magic and Owls won't take nearly as long, since I'm put pulling a setting and stabilizing a time period out of thin air XD

So once the Setting is officially done and the board is triple checked, this discussion will be closed. HOWEVER, we can start a new one with all of our spiffy plot ideas in the AU itself. ^_^

Again, sorry for the extremely long wait (I told you it was gonna take forever...I was hoping I had overestimated the time...then things happened -_- I hate being right for that reason *sobs*) but hopefully this burst of creativity keeps me editing and going through another good chunk of the AUs quickly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Darkness Discussion   Eternal Darkness Discussion - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eternal Darkness Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2