The Worlds Collide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worlds Collide

A Collection of Alternate Universe Hetalia Role-plays

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Francis Bonnefoy Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Francis Bonnefoy Application Empty
PostSubject: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Francis Bonnefoy Application 2zrozep

Human name: Francis Bonnefoy

Country name: The French Republic (République française)

Personality section: France loves all things beautiful, whether it be clothing, scenery, art, or people (especially people). He enjoys having a luxurious life style, and having the time to enjoy said life style. Normally he'll enjoy his time by staying home, drinking a good bottle of wine or champagne. However, he's a social creature, preferring to spend his time with someone else, whether it's a phone call to one of his neighbours (he currently has been phoning Germany a lot) or inviting a friend – mainly Spain and Prussia – over or even going across the channel to annoy England.

Having been around longer than most of the other nations, he considers himself an older brother to everyone. So he always feels as if it's his place to try to comfort the younger nations and give them advice, even when none of them are related to him. Although with little nations, he's more likely to spoil them than anything, cooking them wonderful treats, giving them new outfits to wear, and giving constant affectionate touches than really trying to guide them. Despite that, that doesn't stop him from taking advantage of anyone who's low on their luck, possibly trying to claim portions of their land or economy for his help. There is still part of that old greedy empire in him that hasn't died, albeit being in a time where doing so isn't allowed, he'll still find some way to benefit from it.

Love is an important concept in everything that France does. He believes he has enough love for everyone, whether that love is parental, brotherly, or as a partner. Most of the time it's unclear what sort of love he has for one. Regardless, he might consider himself a lover, but he's not above getting into a war or causing a fight. After millennia of wars and revolutions, he's too accustomed to battle. He just rather be sure that he'll actually win before getting into a fight; and when he knows he'll lose or is given no other choice, he'll back out of a fight that's too much for him. But he's petty and hates to lose, so if he has lost he'll do whatever he can to be spiteful and hinder whoever has beaten him later. Even if it fails and backfires on him, he'll still try as long as he's not caught. He can't always be trusted because of this aspect.

He's quite proud of his history and language. When he talks, he likes to speak with an obvious hint of his French accent and sprouts French endearments whenever he can, despite knowing not everyone understands his language. If he's talking to England though, his accent thickens, only to annoy the Briton with it. He tends to ignore most popular things in English or American culture – even if he does know of it, he'll pretend he doesn't just so their culture won't influence his own any more than it already has. Being the most visited country in the world, he enjoys having the other nations over his home, and rather they visit him instead of him visiting them. He'll do his all to be a gracious host, getting the best of everything for his guests, and showing only his most adored sights to them.

Roleplay sample: It was quiet. A change in the usual bursting and busy streets of Paris that he had grown accustomed to. It was a silence that he hadn't heard for many years, centuries even.

France knew it was the perfect place for her – she wouldn't have wanted to be disturbed by the motors of cars, the music of every teenagers' iPods and just the general clamour of the people these days. It was just quiet. Like how she would have known his land before all those wars.

He kneeled before a stone, weathered horribly and crumbling from its age. Moss had coated it almost completely, if it weren't for his repeated attempts to keep it at bay from the face of the stone. Only some vines crept up the sides of the stone, some trying to cover the wording on it. That was, until he pulled those vines away, yanking them out by the roots so that they wouldn't obscure the stone until the next time he visited.

The wording etched in the stone was practically invisible. There would be no way to tell what was written into it, unless one ran their fingers slowly against the old Roman letters that formed the phrase “la Pucelle d'Orléans”. There was no date, not that he needed it to remember her life, nor a name. At the time the grave stone was made, he didn't want anyone to find out that he had taken her ashes and buried them here. Giving her a proper resting place was the least he could have done, after the way she was killed.

Running that hand against the cold rough surface of the stone, a part of him knew that it was time to place in a new marker for her. However, the other part of him didn't want to; he had made gotten that stone as her marker all those years back then, it would be the only thing that he could think would be familiar to her. Even the forest around her had changed – it had been a clear meadow at the time, but now tall trees shaded the clearing, trees that had grown in decades after her time. It wouldn't be long now until developers decided to clear this forest to expand the city.

France gave a dry chuckle at his own thoughts. What did it matter? She was dead now. How could she care if he changed her marker or not? And yet...

'I'll get a replacement next time. I doubt this thing will last another year. Besides, even if she isn't around, that doesn't mean she shouldn't have the latest design for a gravestone.' Logical thoughts weren't appropriate for a place like this. As much as he knew this was all for himself, he didn't want to acknowledge it. He just wanted to believe that all of this was for her. It made him feel better thinking so.

Minutes had passed by, and he stayed in that position, just thinking of the woman that once was. The time they spent together was short, extremely short even by human standards, but he admittedly enjoyed them more than other days. And it wasn't just because it made England miserable. Okay... maybe that did have a part in it; he enjoyed thwarting England too much to even let mourning get him down about that. Good times.

However, he did care for her very much. Yes, he did love all his people, hell he loved everyone. He was the nation of love after all, how could he not? He definitely has all that love to spare to anyone that needed it or didn't, and he was certainly proud of that fact. But her, he cared for her more than he usually would when it came to his people. Of course it wasn't unusual – he cared for some of his kings and revolutionists in the same way; even Napoleon was someone close to him and he wasn't even French! – but to someone who lived for so long, and met people like that far and few, humans like that really made an impression on him. There weren't many people he'd go to such effort to gather the remains of just to give them a proper burial and gravestone, but he did respect her so it was only the rightful thing.

Sighing, he placed the bouquet of white lilies he brought just at the head of her grave. It had been over a year since he last visited as the last flowers he brought then had already wilted and turned into fertiliser for the grass. He felt almost bad for not being able to take care of her resting place as often, but he assured himself it wasn't his fault. He was always quite busy as a nation, and he had many other respected figures' graves that he had to visit in the year too. Once a year was as much as he could manage.

And it was partially England's fault anyway.

How? He couldn't say. Yet it has always been the Briton's fault when something had gone wrong for France. This was just another thing that he was interfering with. England clearly had to be doing something to hinder the Frenchman from visiting more, he was convinced of it. France was completely innocent.

Except that wasn't true. The truth was, France just didn't want to face that sort of guilt. Even after all these centuries, he didn't want the full responsibility of it all on his shoulders. Blaming England had always worked for him, and he'll continue to blame the bushy-browed caterpillar across the channel as long as he can.

He finally stood up, realising he had been thinking in the same position for too long. Glancing at his watch he saw how much later it was since he first arrived. The drive back to his home would take a few hours, and after staring at the grave for a few more seconds, he reluctantly started to head back to his car. He wanted to be home at least in time to feed all those Pierre and his cat.

As he got to the first bunch of trees, he stopped, turning to look back at the grave he was about to leave. The lilies he left there wafting gently in the breeze that had suddenly picked up. He was almost certain he could hear a familiar voice whispering the word “merci” on that wind. No, that couldn't be possible. He shook his head clear of the thoughts, but he couldn't help but glance back at the grave one last time. This time with his first smile since seeing the old stone. It wasn't a large one, but one that was almost comforting, like the ones he'd give her after she'd to returned from a battle to worrying over his injuries, only for him to instead end up assuring her that everything was well. He spoke, his only words that stay there, before finally leaving the grave's sight.

“Joyeux Anniversaire, ma chere Jeanne.”

Anything else?: My favourite colour's red.
I prefer using nation names to human names. So I'll always be calling everyone by what nation they are, unless it's a human AU.
I tend to have France more perverted during really light-hearted and non-serious RPs than compared to serious RPs. It'd actually probably be rare that I'd make him “rape/molest” anyone (unless it's England, then I'll have France bad touch him to annoy him) in a serious RP to be honest.
I ship everything. I have too much fun writing the different interactions to care. As long as it's not a Seme/uke dynamic I'll be fine with any pair.
No, I don't speak French. So please feel free to correct me on any blaring mistake.
Prussia was the one who asked me to join. So bug her about it if I don't get accepted. /derp

MSN account: x_zine7@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Hai, I have heard many things about you from Prussia! Rest assured your app is being read over by the admins~ <3
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Well you already know I want you here and like your France~ And All my suggestions are awesome >u> So just waiting to see what Ivan is thinking~ o3o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:00 pm

^ 3^ this France has just received the Spain Kiss of Approval.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Just wanted to thank you all ^^ because I'm already happy that I didn't disappoint you with this~ (and I'm hoping for brownie points... no wait, just brownies, for being polite)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:58 pm

This was certainly a glorious thing to wake up to and read in the morning. Gil, I could kiss you for bringing this France in to join us. Needless to say you're accepted. <3
Back to top Go down
Kiku Honda

Kiku Honda

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:06 am

Pfft, I think you ought to be kissing our lovely and now accepted FRANCE! <3

Welcome to the forum! We are most pleased to have ya~
Back to top Go down
http://renaquicksilver.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:53 am

... Right. *SMOOCHES FRANCE*

(please forgive my ooc-ness. We missed having a France. =w= <3)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:22 am

No kisses from you Ivan. And you should know by now I only know awesome people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:46 am

Welcome, France~! Even though you, like, totally didn't help me out or anything like you said you would, it's still cool and stuff that you're here and junk. Like, y'know. Whatever. Czesc 'n stuff. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Francis Bonnefoy Application   Francis Bonnefoy Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francis Bonnefoy Application
Page 1 of 1